Another DIY fabric dori. This was one of those projects that was a challenge to see if I could make a
fauxdori fabric cover with no eyelets and holes.. And it truned out great. I got the idea from some junk journal yt videos. So I sewed a piece of medium plastic cut ( 1" x 81/2" ) from a report cover in the middle. Then I wrapped elastic around it so I had 7 strands. Thats the part where the booklets slip in under each strand.as seen below. The design was inspired by Lendule 53 blog. She is so creative and does beautiful work. The size is 9 x 12 1/2 "but you can make it any size you want, what ever fits your needs. I make my own inserts that are 81/4 x 41/2"for this one.
So this is an inside view. I added 3 horizontal pockets on the right and virtical ones on the left and on the right. So 7 pockets altogether.
I used a heavy Pellon cut to size (Rounded the corners,) to help make it stiffer. I left a large opening at the bottom and inserted the Pellon, making sure all my seams were on top of the Pellon. Then hand sewed the the opening closed. Then top stitched all around.
This is the front and back view.
Top view and you can see how the elastic goes over the plastic. I like how the booklets, folders. and etc. line up. I left plenty of room for overhang so pens fit nicely. They are hanging on sm binder clips.
I put a simple and easy button closure.
Have a blessed creative week!