Journals

Decorated Bible Sides

 
I love this old 1670 ornate bible, especially the decorated sides. So I just had to give this a try. I used stamps and then colored them in with a water brush using the Memento ink. Used very little water of course. I even used a little watercolor too, keeping the pages closed as tightly as I could. It all worked good. I tryed it on the old inductive study bible first.   

 
Then I tryed it on my new bible doing the same process. But it has gold leaf on the sides so it barely showed up until I bent the pages back just a little bit. Then you can see the roses very clearly. What a suprise that was! I did it on both ends only, so far. It was a fun project. As you can tell I love roses.
 
 
 Any one can do this so hope you will give it a try.
May God bless your creative day!
 
Psalms 119:1-2
Joyful are people of integrity,
who follow the instructions of the Lord.
 Joyful are those who obey his laws
and search for him with all their hearts.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I found your blog today via pinterest and have enjoyed scrolling through old posts. You have a wonderful talent! I've put a Journaling Bible on my christmas list. Thanks for sharing your art!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...