Journals

Spiritual Art Journal Page 3- Roses and Thankfulness


I am having such a good time creating these Art Journal pages.  I don't usually have a plan and I just work on it a little bit  at a time. So it is always interesting to me how it turns out.
This one I started out with a paper napkin I have had for about 10 yrs. I love the Roses. That was my inspiration. They are left over napkins from a tea we had at our church. I got them at a party store. Then I stained the paper with an ink spay wash. I used a stencil for the leaves and drew around then. Printed out my verse and glued it on with Liquitex Matte gel medium, love this stuff! Also glued my napkin with it. ( you have to separate the napkin and just use the thin printed part). 
Then I used a tooth brush and paint for some splatters used white highlights.  I think the trick is to know when to stop. Sometimes that is hard to do.  I didn't want it to busy or to dark.  So while I am letting a page get good and dry I am working on another one. I usually have at lest 2 going at the same time. It also gives me some time to think about what I might want to do next.
A good tip-- to get the wrinkles or curled up pages to lay flat is to put heavy books on your Journal or page to flatten it out over night. Works good! 
I hope you will give this a try and let your creative spirit have some fun!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thank You! Everthing in me says "thank you"
Angels listen as I sing my thanks.
I kneel in worship facing your holy temple
and say it again:
Thank you! Thank you for your love,
Thank you for your faithfulness:
Most holy is your name, most holy is your word.
The moment I called out, you stepped in;
you make my life large with your strength.
Psalm138:1-MGB

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...